Every 30th of April, Mexico celebrates it’s children all over the country, it’s “kids day” and they are treated to special events at school and parties with family and friends with plenty of chilli fruity treats and piñatas around.
It’s such a big day in Mexico, that we decided to throw a party too. Wahaca Brixton will be welcoming children and their parents and carers to the restaurant from 11am until 1pm on Saturday 30th of April for a range of workshops and Mexican fun and treats.
Wahaca Brixton, Saturday 30th April 11am-1pm FREE
11:00- Workshops open for children to make:
- Make piñatas & picture frames with recycled materials with Mexican artist Katrina from Katapixia arts and recycling
- Mexican Huichol bracelet workshop with Mexican artist Viridiana from The Bumblebead.
- Wahaca Mexican wrestling masks
- Face painting
11:00- Mexican clown brought to you by Battersea Spanish
12:00- Feel, smell & taste Mexican ingredients – Karla from Mexican Food Memories & Mextrade will talk to the children about Mexican spices, chillies, fruits and vegetables, a brief history of Mexican cuisine, and their chance to smell, touch and taste a variety of ingredients used since ancient times.
12:30- Piñata bashing – We will be filling up a beautiful piñata with goodies and break it Mexican style, little ones only!
Every child attending will also receive an activity book courtesy of the Mexican Embassy in the UK and a “Free kids meal voucher” valid at any Wahaca and their opportunity to win Children’s Day prizes that include:
- 10 books from Flying Eye Books
- To promote reading in Spanish, the Mexican Embassy donated 5 beautiful editions of children’s books.
- A hamper of Mexican ingredients from Mextrade
- A piñata from Katapixia Arts and Recycling
- A Huichol bracelet from The Bumblebead
For more information about the event please email firstname.lastname@example.org